It’s the Wimbledon final and time to be ironically British! Strawberries and cream are the done thing, however here at Bakker UK we fancied a touch of decadence this Sunday!
This simple strawberry pudding is a mixture of strawberries layered with whipped cream, shaved chocolate, sponge fingers and a dash of amaretto liquor for good measure!
To give it that pizazz of tradition, ( it is the Wimbledon final after all ) dig out granny’s fabulous old trifle dish to assemble your creation in, for a modern twist, wine glasses work very well too and still look snazzy for serving.
- 1 punnet of washed and sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 pack of strawberry Jelly ( made up as per the instructions )
- A good glug of amaretto
- 4 heaped table spoons of grated choc ( you choose but dark works well )
- 2 pots of whipped double cream
- 6 sponge fingers for each serving
- Place strawberries in a saucepan and pour over the warm jelly mix; stir gently to evenly coat the berries. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, fold the amaretto into the cream adding half the chocolate.
- In a trifle or glass bowl, make layers in this order: sponge fingers, half of the pudding mixture, and half of the strawberry mixture. Repeat layers once more. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- At serving time, garnish with additional whole and/or sliced strawberries, if desired.
Enjoy the tennis!